nonce module
Dan Car
2022-10-26 14:32:06 UTC
I am trying to find a module that can be used to generate nonces.
Mod_unique_id seems to generate "@" which is not recognized by the browsers.
Mod_csp_nonce seems to be good enough but not recognized by my organization.
Will Apache support this module in the future? Do I have other alternatives?

Thank you
I R A Darth Aggie
2022-10-26 21:41:23 UTC
On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 07:32:06 -0700 (PDT),
Post by Dan Car
I am trying to find a module that can be used to generate nonces.
Mod_csp_nonce seems to be good enough but not recognized by my organization.
Will Apache support this module in the future? Do I have other alternatives?
Thank you
Maybe this will help?

https://serverfault.com/questions/856206/how-to-inject-random-csp-nonce-in-apache
isn't looking good, either.
Dan Car
2022-10-27 08:58:45 UTC
Post by Dan Car
I am trying to find a module that can be used to generate nonces.
Mod_csp_nonce seems to be good enough but not recognized by my organization.
Will Apache support this module in the future? Do I have other alternatives?
Thank you
Maybe this will help?
https://serverfault.com/questions/856206/how-to-inject-random-csp-nonce-in-apache
isn't looking good, either.
Dear Aggie,

Thank you.
I have tried with unique_id but it inserts the "@" character of which I cannot rid it off.
Is this solution solving this issue?

All the best,
Daniel Carbunescu
I R A Darth Aggie
2022-11-03 18:29:36 UTC
Post by Dan Car
I am trying to find a module that can be used to generate nonces.
Mod_csp_nonce seems to be good enough but not recognized by my organization.
Will Apache support this module in the future? Do I have other alternatives?
Thank you
Maybe this will help?
https://serverfault.com/questions/856206/how-to-inject-random-csp-nonce-in-apache
isn't looking good, either.
Dear Aggie,
Thank you.
Is this solution solving this issue?
https://codingshower.com/apache-web-server-generate-unique-id-for-every-request/

"All the information above is encoded like base64, only difference
being in the characters used – [A-Za-z0-9@-] is replaced with
[A-Za-z0-9+/]."

You can test with a bit of PHP:

<?php